International Men’s Day :
- International Men’s Day is celebrated on 19 November every year.
- The celebrations highlight the contribution of men towards family and the society.
- The objectives of Men’s Day focus on men health, gender relations, gender equality and discrimination.
- Achievements and contributions of men are highlighted to the world.
- The theme of 2016 International Men’s Day is ‘Stop Male Suicide’.
International Men’s Day : (Short Essay)
International Men’s Day (IMD) is an annual event celebrated every year on 19 November. The day is celebrated by more than 60 countries in the world. The celebration of men’s day was supported as an idea to give gender balance. November 19 celebrations highlight the global contribution of men and boys towards family and the society.
Some of the major issues focused during the international Men’s Day are
- Decrease the high male suicide rate in world.
- Focus on the challenges faced by men in education.
- Improving Men’s health, on the account of shorter life expectancy.
- Bringing out a solution for marginalized men and boys in various societies.
- Supporting male victims of violence and sexual abuse.
- Supporting the parental challenges faced by men in family and single fathers.
- Fight against male domestic abuse, forced marriage, crimes, and men slavery.
International Men’s Day : (Brief Essay)
The objectives of International Men’s Day are to focus on the health of men, improve gender relations, promote gender equality, and bring out male role models. It also works towards stopping discrimination against men. Celebrations are made on men’s achievements and contributions to the nation and world. The broader spectrum of this objective is to promote basic humanitarian values for one and all.
2016 International Men’s Day Theme
The theme of 2016 International Men’s Day is ‘Stop Male Suicide’. According to several reports, the suicide rate of men is worse than women in an average, depending on the country. Men’s health is a worthy reason of discussion similar to women’s health. This is because of the increasing male health problems and chronic diseases. According to a recent World Health Organization (WHO) data for 2015, the male life expectancy was 69 years while the female life expectancy was 74 years. So, it is high time to focus on men health equally because of increasing male ill-health and suicides.