Here is a list of 25 phrases in English with Example sentences. This is a very simple list and often used English phrases.
Additionally, you can download PDF here 25 Phrases with Example Sentences
- Give someone a hand – Help
Example: I need a developer like you to fix this issue. Can you give me a hand?
- Sharp – Exactly at a particular time
Example: The party will start at 10 o’clock sharp.
- Take it easy – Relax or Slow down and similar meaning.
Example: I will take it easy as it is only a first internal exam.
- Up to the minute – Most recent news/information.
Example: I know about the progress of this project up to the minute.
- About to – Intending to.
Example: I was about to dine, when you called me.
- According to – As indicated.
Example: According to me, this should be decided by our principal.
- As a matter of fact – In reality.
Example: As a matter of fact, I was playing with him this afternoon.
- As long as – Provided that.
Example: As long as you concentrate in your studies, you would be scoring good marks.
- By the way – incidentally (can be used to introduce a new, less important matter).
Example: Oh, by the way, you can do this task when you are free.
- All of a sudden – Quickly and Unexpectedly.
Example: All of a sudden the view was obliterated by the street burning smoke.
- Come up with – produce or create (something), especially when pressured or challenged.
Example: You need to come up with a solution to fix this issue permanently.
- Right away – Immediately
Example: I could recognize her right away.
- Show up – Appear.
Example: The movie started at 6:00 PM, but he did not show up until 6:30 PM.
- Sort of – To some extent
Example: I was sort of hoping to leave college early today.
- Stick with – Continue with
Example: I suggest you to stick with this concept as it can be applied to most of the technical issues.
- Take care of – keep safe
Example: When I feel stressed, My wife takes care of me.
- Regardless of – without being affected by any other events or conditions.
Example: You can tell me the truth regardless of what you have in your mind.
- Point out – Explaining with attention
Example: After pointing out the mistake, I could do that math now.
- So far – Until now
Example: Today is the hottest day I have seen so far.
- Take advantage of – Make good use of the opportunity.
Example: To learn English grammar, you need to take advantage of school library books.
- Take over – An act of taking control
Example: After him, his sons will take over the company.
- Up to – Indicating a maximum amount.
- Turn out – Prove to be that case.
Example: The project turned out to be beyond our team skills.
- Work out – Possible of being solved.
Example: Although this decision can have bigger impact, we can work out for a better understanding.
- Pick up – Receive or take something
Example: My luck has picked up after my hard work.
- Give someone a hand – Help