The hand that Rocks the Cradle rules the World
- The proverb speaks about the power of a mother on upbringing a child.
- Literally, it means that the mother who raises a child determines his/her character and future.
- A mother has the greatest influence on a child’s growth, making him the next generation of virtues to rule/destroy the world.
- The phrase celebrates motherhood, highlighting the role of mother in the child’s life.
The hand that Rocks the Cradle rules the World : (Short Essay)
The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world is a well-known proverb speaking about the power of mother. According to the proverb, the person who raises a child has a major role in determining the character of that child. The influence of the mother has the impact on the society that will be created by the next generation.
Literally, the proverb mentions that the mother who upbrings the child, rules the world. But it does not need to mean that the mother herself rules the world. Instead it means that the mother influences in creating a new generation that would rule the world one day.
Thus, the proverb highlights the influence of a mother on the growing child. She is the one responsible for creating a persona that would become successful in life.
The hand that Rocks the Cradle rules the World : (Brief Essay)
“The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world” is a common phrase derived from a poem written by William Ross Wallace. The exact lines are The Hand That Rocks the Cradle is the Hand that Rules the World.
The proverb places the importance of a mother on the upbringing of a child. The role a mother plays on a growing child has a serious impact in affecting his/her character, attitude, and everything. All greatest rulers were once helpless child pampered by their mother. If not the mother’s caring, he/she would not have gotten to greater heights. The proverb has a deeper meaning that whatever a child learns it does from its mother. The influence of the mother during the formative years of a child has a vital role to play in shaping the child’s behavior, development, and emotional growth. Whether or not he/she turns into a good and hardworking achiever or a lazy and careless loafer depends on the way a mother molds him and his conduct and habits. So, a mother can raise a great leader to rule the world from the very day she starts to cradle him.
Thus, the proverb celebrates motherhood and her role in transforming a child into an achiever. Since the future lies in the hands of the kids of today, the future of the kids are today in the hands of their mother. In that sense, she is indeed the defining factor which can bring a greater change to the society, as a whole.
Incoming search terms:
- e hand that rocks the cradle also makes the house a home It is the prayers of the mother that keeps the family strong Mother rises early in the morning and bathes her day in prayer She talks to God about her family and places them in His
- the hand that rocks the cradle quote