The Pen is mightier than the Sword :
- The power of a pen is much larger than that of the sword, which means, the power of writing is stronger than the power of war, hatred, and conflict.
- While the power of sword ends with death, loss, and destruction, the power of a pen brings in inspiration, motivation, and transformation to the soul.
- A sword conquers the physical existence of a man while the men conquer the mind and heart of people.
- Control over people should be achieved through their minds and not against their will at force. This is why a sword can never be mightier than a pen.
The Pen is mightier than the Sword : (Short Essay)
The pen is mightier than the sword is a famous adage speaking about the power of writing. A pen can achieve a lot more than a sword does. It means that the power of writing is eternal while the power of the sword is short-lived. For instance, the great achievements of Alexander, Napoleon, and other rulers ended up in oblivion. However, the great preaching and writings of philosophers and authors have lasting effects that live forever in the hearts of people. This is why it is said that a king can rule only his kingdom but a scholar rules the world with his writings.
In short, it might be easy to control through armed forces, but that will only be a temporary victory as it becomes ineffective when another mightier force enters. But when you conquer someone through their heart and soul, it lives until their breath, continuing forever in the form of writing to generation after generation. This is why it is said that a pen is mightier than a sword.
The Pen is mightier than the Sword : (Brief Essay)
Through this famous adage, it is clear to compare the power of pen and sword to one another. A sword is hailed for its great valor and success but a pen is simple and its success cannot be determined through physical means. While the strength of a warrior lies in his sword the strength of a scholar lies in his pen. Here, the pen is equaled to books and writing while the sword is equaled to war. The power of the sword ends in loss, defeat, and destruction because of the incurring death and loss. On the other hand, the power of a pen brings transformation into the readers through inspiration and motivation.
Books are considered the treasure house of knowledge. In that sense, a pen creates and imparts something worthwhile into the readers. However, a sword or war brings nothing but violence into the world. When compared with a pen, a sword is in no way powerful in influencing people. While great rulers can force and conquer people, they can never conquer the hearts of the people. It can be only done by writers.
The proverb simply suggests that the scholars and writers invisibly exercise greater influence on people than warriors and rulers. Actually, the art of writing is considered stronger than the act of war. This is because the glories of the sword cause misery and does not last forever, while the influence of writing is omnipotent, guiding nations for years ahead.
Thus, the proverb celebrates the power of writing and highlights that scholars are powerful through their words than warriors.
Incoming search terms:
- pen is mightier than sword essay
- the pen is mightier than the sword
- the pen is mightier than the sword essay
- pen is mightier than sword
- Argumental essay on pen is mighter than
- parsgraph on the pen is mightier the sword
- pen is mightier than sword paragraph writing
- Pen is mightier than the sword to
- The pen is