World Day of Social Justice :
- The United Nations’ (UN) World Day of Social Justice falls on February 20 every year
- This day motivate people to look at how social justice impacts poverty eradication
- The day also focuses on achieving full employment and support for social integration
- The theme for 2017 is “Preventing Conflict and Sustaining Peace through Decent Work”
- This is a responsibility of every human to make this day a successful one
World Day of Social Justice : (Short Essay)
Social Justice is very important for the survival of people prosperously. It also paves way as a way for peace within nations and peaceful coexistence nations. Principles of social justice are upheld by the United Nations by promoting gender equality and the rights of indigenous peoples as well as migrants. Through Social Justice, all the barriers that prevent people to come up, namely gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture or disability are tried to be eradicated. The World Day of Social Justice is observed on February 20 every year. This year, the theme of World Day of Social Justice is “Preventing Conflict and Sustaining Peace through Decent Work”.
World Day of Social Justice : (Brief Essay)
The biggest challenge that every individual in the globe faces is the injustice they face every day. Social justice is the need of the hour and the same can be accomplished by removing barriers like:
- Ethnicity and many others in order to provide a fair opportunity to every human on Earth.
Human dignity is very much essential and United Nations insists on the same. World Day of Justice is observed for the same reason and it tries to support all efforts of the international community:
- To eradicate poverty from any society
- To promote full employment to the qualified
- To provide decent work that helps an individual to make a living
- To encourage gender equity that ensures social well-being of all
Every year World Day of Social Justice is observed on February 20 and a theme is fixed for the same. The theme for 2017 is “Preventing Conflict and Sustaining Peace through Decent Work” which is more or less the same as the main objective. Also, this day promotes:
- Social justice
With such an objective and promotion in place, the rest lies in the hands of all of us. It is time to accept and understand such a theme and help in forging Social Justice all over. Social Justice is not a word; it is a thought that needs to be injected into everyone’s head in order to see change in a bigger level.