This page provides essay, short paragraph and full essay on the World Population Day.
4 Lines about World Population Day Essay
- World population day is an international campaign that is observed on July 11 every year
- In 1989, The United Nations Development Programmecame up with the thought of initiating World Population Day
- World Population Day was initiated to create awareness on concerns that rise across the world due to over population
- The theme of 2015 World Population Day is “Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies”
- In India “Walkathon towards Population Stabilization” was organized at the India Gate, on July 11 2015
Short Essay about “World Population Day”
Population explosion is a great threat in today’s world. Having found this on the 11th of July 1987, the public got an interest to bring awareness over it. Thus, July 11 was declared the “World Population Day” by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in the year 1989. When the population hit 7 billion in the 2011, the whole world found it as a big challenge to know how development would take place in a normal pace. To ensure that awareness is created among the public and solution are drawn in order to make out population issues, World Population day has been now universally accepted too. The theme of World Population day this year is “Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies”.
Full Essay about “World Population Day”
Population crisis is a huge problem prevailing across the globe since many years. Though World Population issues have been tried to be reduced by controlling the same, there seems to a real trouble in controlling it. The 7 billion head count on the globe is not a problem that can be ignored.
Long back in 1989, the same issue was enumerated by the governing council of The United National Development Programme took forward an action and “World Population Day” was set off thereby. World Population Day is ideally an awareness programme declared to be observed on 11th of July every year.
World Population Day insists the importance of having small families and knowing the need of population control to create a better tomorrow. Campaigns on healthy life, reproductive health and population issues will be organized on this day. While the World Population day brings in awareness, on the other hand it carries a theme every year. 2015 World Population Day focuses on rights and needs of women and girls through the theme “Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies”. The theme tries to preserve the dignity of women and girls, securing their safety and their access to reproductive health care. In India, “World Population Day” message and theme was to be spread through “Walkathon towards Population Stabilization”. This Walkathon was organized by JSK (Jansankhya Sthirata Kosh) to gain the attention of media and by this means create awareness on the impacts of population explosion and therefore bring out Population Stabilization throughout the world.
Incoming search terms:
- speech on world population day in india
- world population day essay
- World population day speech
- essay on world population day
- world population day speech in english
- a short speech on population
- five lines on population day for class 2
- give short note on world population day
- Lines on world population day
- short speech on world population day for std 4th