Green House Gases :
- Green House gases create Green House Effect in the atmosphere
- Green House Gases are gaseous compounds that hold heat in the atmosphere
- The major green house gases are:
- Carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Methane (CH4)
- Nitrous Oxide (NO2)
- Fluorinated Gases
Green House Gases : (Short Essay)
Earth has gradually changed its nature because of the unwanted human actions. Recent years, increase in gaseous compounds that are harmful to the atmosphere are emitted one way or the other. The Industrial Revolution can be considered a start for such emissions. Any gaseous compound that absorbs infrared radiation, result of which traps heat in the atmosphere is called a green house gas. Carbon dioxide (CO2), Methane (CH4), Nitrous Oxide (NO2) and Fluorinated Gases are the major Green House Gases. These gaseous compounds lead to green house effects which ultimately participating in warming the earth since they are Global Warming Potential.
Green House Gases : (Brief Essay)
Green Houses Gases are gaseous compounds that absorb and emit heat and radiation with the Infra red region of the atmosphere. Green House Gas Emission is one of the primary reasons for such a drastic raise in the global temperature. Since these gases are Global Warming Potential, as high as they are in the atmosphere, so high is the increase in Global Warming of Earth. The following contribute for the emission of Green House Gases:
- Electricity generation from coal and natural gas (Fossil Fuels)
- Fuel used for transportation
- Burning fossil fuels for industrial uses
- Wrong handling of waste products
Green House Gases are:
- Carbon dioxide (CO2): They are easily emitted into the atmosphere when we burn coal and other fossil fuels, trees and during solid waste management too.
- Methane (CH4): Methane gets emitted in the atmosphere mainly when organic wastes are decayed in waste landfills.
- Fluorinated Gases: Per fluorocarbons, Sulphur Hexafluoride, Nitrogen Trifluoride and other such fluorinated gases are emitted due to industrial practices.
- Nitrous Oxide (NO2): Nitrous Oxide easily gets emitted into the atmosphere since its sources include all the above: industrial processes, burning of fossil fuels and solid waste; and also due to agricultural practices.
Green House Gases, the major reason for Global Warming, thus have so many impacts that are not easy to be fixed in a day. The climatic changes have been happening on the other side from the time since Green House Gases Emission started taking place. Such gases have undoubtedly impacted the rhythm of nature. Sudden increase/decrease in rainfall, crop yields or temperature is all the effects of Green House Gases (Global Warming as such). The whole ecosystem would collapse at a point of time; so it is time to understand that it’s better late than never. Small alterations in our daily practices can gradually reduce the harmful impacts, like:
- Consuming less amount of electricity; preferring solar energy if possible
- Encouraging and introducing Recycling Programs
- Growing more trees; questioning unwanted forest demolition
- Using water the right way; avoiding waste of water anywhere
- Using energy efficient transportation
- Creating awareness to people who are participating to Green House Gas emission unknowingly
Incoming search terms:
- Green house gases lines