- The process of rearing and breeding of fishes is known as Piscicluture
- Pisciculture is a great source of income for fishermen and farmers
- Pisciculture is done mainly in coastal areas
- The culture needs to be done in different ponds during various stages of growth of fishes
- Pisciculture plays a great role in our Indian economy
Pisciculture : (Short Essay)
India is covered by water in the southern side and it is a great information that this has made Pisciculture a successful process in our country. Pisciculture is the rearing and breeding various types of fishes. Fishes that live in rivers, streams, ponds, canals and paddy fields are reared and bred in Pisciculture. One thing that we have to consider are the factors that favor Pisciculture. For excellent Fish Culture, Location of the pond, quality of water, quality of the soil and temperature of the water needs to be studied in prior.
Pisciculture : (Brief Essay)
Indian economy is booming due to various processes that render money to our economical system. One among them is the Fish Culture, which is Pisciculture.
A well known process in which fishes are reared and bred in ponds, Fish culture provides employment and income to so many fishermen and farmers in the coastal regions of our country.
Types of Pisciculture:
Culturing fish can be done in various processes and classifying them can be done based on the way they are grown in the ponds.
- Extensive Fish Culture is the type of Pisciculture that grows fishes on natural feed
- Intensive Fish Culture helps in maximizing production since here the fishes are grown on artificial feeds
- Monocuture is a type where a single type of fish is grown in a particular water body
- Polyculture involves growing more than one type of fishes in a single water body
- Integrated Fish Culture is an entirely different type where fishes are grown with agricultural crops/animals
Pisciculture is done in various types of ponds based on stages of growth of fish. The types of ponds include:
- Breeding Ponds
- Hatchery Ponds
- Nursery Ponds
- Rearing Ponds
- Stocking Ponds