- Dussehra is one of the important Hindu Festivals
- Dussehra is celebrated to remind and rejoice the victory of Lord Rama on King Ravana
- Ram Lila is a famous play or drama that is performed in all places of North India
- The day is also considered as the day of victor of Goddess Shakthi over the demon Mahishashur
- In South India, Kolu is very common in all homes and temples during Vijayadhasami.
Dussehra : (Short Essay)
Dussehra is a very famous and religious Hindu festival of our country. The festival is celebrated with great rejoice in other countries Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh too. Dussehra signifies and celebrates:
- The victory of Lord Rama over evil King Ravana
- The victory of Goddess Shakthi over the demon Mahisashur
- The end of the Vanavas of the Pandavas
- The visit of Durga Mata to the earth
As a mark of happiness and celebration, dances, outdoor plays and dramas can be seen in all places in Northern India. In Southern India, people pray and keep kolus in their homes and temples.
Dussehra : (Brief Essay)
Dussehra is great religious festival in India. The festival is also called Vijayadasami. the year 2015, Dussehra falls on October 22.Dussehra generally signifies the victory of good over the evil. The 2 prominent beliefs of the great Dussehra festival are:
- The victory of Lord Rama over the King Ravana in the great epic “Ramayana”
- The victory of Goddess Shakthi over the mighty Demon “Mahisashura”
It is also believed that the Pancha Pandavas of the great epic Mahabharath returned from their Vanavas on this day. Dussehra is also celebrated in the name of “VijayaDasami” as Goddess Shakthi fought with the demon Mahisashura for 10 days. The 10th day of the victory is called Vijayadasami (“Vijaya” meaning victory and “Dasami” meaning ten, hence named Vijayadasami). Vijayadasami is celebrated in the Ashvin month of the Hindu calendar. The 9 days are celebrated as “NavaRatri” and people in South India keep Kolu in their homes and temples. In Northern India, Dussehra is a great celebration that includes dances, plays and dramas called Ram Lila, praying and offerings to the God. Hindus all over the world celebrate this day by burning of Ravana’s statues and wordhipping Goddess Shakthi. As a whole, Dussehra marks
the celebration of the good over the evil.
Incoming search terms:
- 5 lines on dussehra
- 10 lines on dussehra in english
- 5 lines on dussehra festival in english
- lines on dussehra
- 10 lines on Dussehra